Carpet cleaning tips from a professional carpet cleaner. Let TM Carpets teach you the simple steps to easily cleaning your carpets and maintaining a clean household.
- Vacuum your carpet a minimum of 2-3 a week with a quality vacuum to remove all surface dirt.
- Use an entry mat to remove dirt from your shoes or remove shoes before you enter your home.
- Remove spills promptly. Blot with a clean white cloth. Do not rub the spot as this may grind the stain in further.
- When cleaning a stain work from the outside in to keep the stain from spreading.
- Rearrange furniture often to keep from getting a gray area in your high traffic areas. In front on the sofa is a very common place. Once the gray area exists it will remain there even after your carpet is cleaned professionally.
- If you clean a spot on your carpet with soap be sure to remove it all, the soap residue will attract more dirt and your spot will be worse than before.
Need professional carpet cleaning help? Contact TM Carpets!